31 August 2006

Asia Blog Awards

main

Gasp. Mr Brown wasn't nominated for Best Singapore Blog. How could that be? I guess it's because the man is already in a league of his own. Mr Brown is like an urban legend ... except that he's real.

Anyway, there are 10 nominees for Best Singapore Blog and you need to rank them all. If you like my blog, put me somewhere near the top, ok? My own ranking would go something like this:

As you might notice, I'm biased in favour of (a) myself, (b) serious social commentary and (c) funny social commentary. (I put Sonikbyte at the bottom, because I don't know what it's about and the link didn't work. Apologies, if it's actually serious or funny social commentary).

In other news, the Straits Times interviewed me yesterday. We can expect to see another one of those "Mainstream Media versus Blogs" articles in the ST probably tomorrow. It will be by Peh Shing Huei and Chua Mui Hoong. My comments were rather ... lively. So it will be interesting to see how they water me down or if they will omit my key points altogether.

+++++++++
Technorati: ; ; .

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you will post a list of the replies you gave to them during the interview.
Then we can have fun and guess how they will selectively take your words out of context and omit key sentences/points from your argument before the article comes out tomorrow.

Come on ... it will be good fun ; )
We will see who can best think like a ST editor.

Anonymous said...

Mr Wang,

I think you will have to ...

I have not come across any blogger touched by the MSM and is totally satiated by the experience!

The MSM does the least to satisfy. It will be good fun and am looking forward to it.

Anonymous said...

Messers brown & Miyagi recused themselves (they were invited to the panel of esteemed judges but declined). But mrbrownshow remains an option in the podcast category.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Peh Shing Huei (son of ex-MP Peh Chin Hua) and Chua Mui Hoong. This 2 rank amongst the most hard core and vapid of ST's bootlickers and sycophants. Mr Wang's views will surely be watered down no doubt.

le radical galoisien said...

Hmm, the map needs to have PRC/ROC, rather than China/Taiwan. Why are Asian things always stereotypically portrayed in that cacovisionic font?

Anonymous said...

Let's not jump the gun here. I'm interested to see how the interview will be played out as well.

Anonymous said...

I tot Chua MH isn't even a journalist by profession, tot she was/is some intelligent officer in the ISD dept? Correct me if I am wrong.

Anonymous said...

Yo Mr Wang,

I'm overseas and will have no access to the ST article when it does come out (since I'm not gonna pick a subscription to read primary skool writing).

Could you be so kind as to post it on ur site when its out?

Cheers buddy.

Anonymous said...

the 140th employs all kinds of crap. Chua MH is a former ISD employee. Peh Shing Huei (arts faculty, nus) is not even trained in journalism. Guess they just take whoever is pro-pap.

sÞ¡ηηєє said...

they should still put mrbrown in the nominees list.., even he's a legend. :(

Anonymous said...

It is Chua LEE Hoong, Mui Hoong's sister, that is the known ex-ISD employee.

Anonymous said...

just read the ST article.
in a word: pointless

3 bloggers were quoted, Mr Wang, Yawningbread, SingaporeAngle. Short, harmless quotes.

To do such a long article that basically defends the action, relevance and "viability" (read sliding profitability) of the MSM (i.e. themselves) in a roundabout way, dripping with cued quotes from the various 140th's executives shouting their raison d'etre, is so yesterday and passe.

the article appears targeted for the 140th's political masters rather than the public. The message... "We are relevant and obedient! Don't dock our pay please!"